It seems a new product is coming to market that uses your mobile phone or tablet as a depth finder display!
Check it out!
On the surface this looks like a pretty useful device. They are running pre-orders for $149 which places the unit in the “budget friendly” tier of depth finders.
Here are some of the reasons I like the Deeper cast-able fishfinder:
- The unit can be cast to a spot you are investigating without spooking fish (by running them over with a boat)
- Deeper is perfect for fishing from shore or docks
- Being integrated with your phone/tablet you can easily mark GPS spots on a Google map to check out later
- Tied to a long rod with braid you could make multiple casts all around the boat to find the best spot in your immediate area
- Being able to drag the unit across the water should also help with identifying drop offs and structure
- It has rechargeable batteries
- As an app on your phone/tablet there is the opportunity for upgrades over time and potentially new features
This unit might be a good option for those who don’t carry their phone on the water but at the same price of $149.99 on Amazon I would personally rather give the Deeper Fishfinder a try.
If you are looking for more information on this cast-able fish finder head on over to the Deeper Fishfinder website.
** Disclosure – I wrote this article to support a cool new innovative product. While I should have signed up for Deeper’s affiliate program, I didn’t. I’m not affiliated with Deeper in any way however if they are willing to hire a dashing young fishing personality and social media superstar like myself, I wouldn’t turn down the prospect**
So what do you think about cast-able fish finders? Are they the next evolutionary step in depth finding technology? Are they a fad? Let us know in the comments below!