Spanish Mackerel is known to be one of the most delicious delicacies. It is often resembled with King Mackerel due to the shape of the fish. The Spanish mackerel produces an exquisite plate-sized cutlet. Aside from this, the fish can be eaten as a boneless fillet. Additionally, its meat is enjoyed all over the world. Mackerel are often compared with Spanish mackerel because of how much they look alike. However, the Spanish mackerel has more black spots on its first dorsal fin.
These fishes tend to grow faster, therefore, they can live up to twelve years and weigh almost thirteen pounds. Spanish Mackerel usually swim in larger waters, but they can be found in other areas as well. Talking about this, people often ask how to fish for Spanish mackerel. If you are wondering about the same thing then going through this article should help you out.
How To Fish For Spanish Mackerel?
Before you start your fishing trip, keep in mind that several factors should be kept in mind. These can better help you in ensuring that the variety can be caught without any major issues. Now that you understand this, here is a list of some simple steps that can be followed to catch the fish.
- The first and most important step for catching Spanish Mackerel is to consider what equipment should be used. Since Spanish mackerel is rather a large fish in size, a medium rod from 7 to 8 inches should be used.
- It is also necessary to consider the type of bait you will choose to catch the fish. The lure should be attractive to Spanish Mackerel. However, the fish would eat anything, such as mullet, shrimp, cut bait, sardines, and squid. Live Shrimp and Live bait fish are the top two baits for the Spanish Mackerel.
- The third step after preparing the equipment is to check whether the area you are fishing in is suitable for catching the Spanish mackerel or not. The most considerable time to go fishing is in May or June, the late summer.
- It is necessary to note what time you are to be going fishing. Choosing a suitable time of the day is one of the major things for fishing. Therefore, the perfect time you could find Spanish Mackerel would be early morning or even late afternoon.
- When going fishing, the major key is to stay patient. Sometimes, it takes time to catch a fish. Therefore, after you leave the bait inside the water, just relax, and wait until the fish is caught.
- However, if it has been an hour or more and there is still no luck it would be better to change spots. This helps in ensuring that you can catch the fish even if it is hiding.
Following the steps mentioned above should help you in catching the variety without any problems. Though, if you are still having trouble then keep in mind that this process takes a lot of practice and experience.