Most of the time, sticking with a spinning reel is your best option when you’re just getting into fishing. It helps you be more versatile, and you’re not only restricted to heavier baits. On top of that, you can find a reliable spinning reel on a reasonable budget. So, if you’re not too sure about spending hundreds of dollars on a new Baitcaster, then spinning reel is your best bet. With that said, there have been many queries about how to take apart a Daiwa Spinning reel. If you’re also trying to clean these units, then the following details might help.
How To Take Apart a Daiwa Spinning Reel
Cleaning your spinning reel at least once every few months is necessary to get the ideal performance out of your unit. Otherwise, this fishing reel will go bad in no time, and you’ll get many issues with the casting distance and accuracy. So, try to manage the maintenance of the unit accordingly. With that said, let’s cover a few steps on how to take apart a Daiwa Spinning Reel.
- Depending upon the spinning reel model you’ve purchased, you can start the disassembly process by unscrewing the knob on the upper section of your spinning reel. Just move it anti-clockwise, and it should come right off your spinning reel.
- Now, you will be able to access the spool on your spinning reel, so make sure to remove that as well and set it aside on a towel. Make sure to be gentle throughout the process and keep track of all the components attached to your spinning reel.
- At this stage, you need to unscrew the section on the opposite side of the reel handle to free up the plate. All you need is a screwdriver for this job, and there is no need to rent out a complete toolset.
- Once you remove all the screws connected to the main handle and the body, you will be able to take the reel handle off the body. You can set it aside with the spool and then move forward with the inner sections.
- Lastly, just remove the screws connecting the plate to the inner sections of your spinning reel. Then, remove the plate from the spinning reel completely. Ideally, you will be able to access all the inner sections at this stage. It won’t take you more than an hour to completely adjust the mechanism.
All in all, these were a few steps that you should follow when dealing with a Daiwa spinning reel. The only tool you need is a screwdriver. It will help you deal with knobs and other sections on the spinning reel. Other than that, try to arrange the spinning reel moments in a specific order. That way, it will be easier for you when you try to put back the spinning reel after cleaning. Otherwise, it will be quite challenging to manage all the different parts of your unit. With that said, try seeking help from other anglers if you’ve never taken apart a spinning reel.