The main selling point for Garmin Force is its incredible trust that it will perform almost 25% more than all other motors in a similar price range. So, if you need a motor that will help you through rougher conditions, try to stick with the Garmin Force motor. You won’t be disappointed with this purchase, and it will perfectly match your fishing conditions.
Some anglers have recently been struggling with Garmin Force Update, and you’ll find a few questions on how to update Garmin Force on the online forums. If you’re in the same situation, the following details will help.
How To Update Garmin Force?
To update the Garmin Force system, you have to first pair it up with the ActiveCaptain application, and you won’t be able to directly update the motor through the console. So, after connecting the motor with ActiveCaptain, you can follow these steps to update the motor.
- Start by power cycling the motor once and then check the connection through the ActiveCaptain app. Make sure that the device is connected to the same network, and then you can proceed by clicking the “Check for Updates” option in the ActiveCaptain application.
- If there are any updates available, the app will present the download option, and you’ll have to switch to the cellular network to download this update onto the app.
- Once this update has been downloaded, you can link up the network with the trolling motor one more time and then click on the continue option to proceed with the update. It can take close to half an hour for the update to complete, so be patient.
- After that, you can power cycle the motor once more and wait for it to turn on completely. The motor will start flashing different colors, and that will mark the completion of the update, and you can keep track of the speed lights to confirm the update.
- Lastly, if there are any updates available for the remote, it will take around five to ten minutes for the update to complete, and then you can go about your fishing adventure without worrying about any software-related issues.
The only complicated step here is that you will have to switch networks to download the update and then pair up your app with the trolling motor one more time through the Wi-Fi configuration page. So, make sure to follow all the steps mentioned in the ActiveCaptain app and be patient with the connection, as it can take a few minutes for the motor to respond.
Once the motor is updated, you have to make sure that all the connected accessories have a chance to update. Double-check the foot pedal connection and the remote status before going forward with the update. Otherwise, you will run into issues with the version mismatch, and you’ll have to get help from customer support experts. So, just be proactive if you wish to avoid the hassle of going through all of these steps after factory resetting the Garmin Force trolling motor on your system.