Garmin routinely updates the system software that it uses in its marine electronics and discloses these modifications. Upgrades to the software help maintain the device’s functionality, provide features and compatibility with new products, and are an integral element of the yearly spring and winter maintenance performed on the boat. The following is a breakdown of the capabilities of the Garmin marine device to broadcast and receive information over the Garmin Marine Network. It refers to the faculty and features that come pre-installed on the Chartplotter.
Follow the steps in this article to bring the software on your Garmin Echomap 93sv up to date.
How To Update the Garmin Echomap 93sv?
Utilize the ActiveCaptain mobile app to get the device’s software up to date. It is also possible for you to use the Garmin ExpressTM desktop application in order to bring the software on your Chartplotter up to date.
The maximum size of the memory card that may be used with this device is 32 gigabytes, and it must be formatted to FAT32 and have a speed class of 4 or above. It is recommended that a memory card with a speed class of 10 and at least 8 gigabytes of storage space be used.
- Before upgrading the application, check the software version currently installed on your device.
- To download it from Garmin.com :
- The micro/SD card should be inserted into the computer or a computer-attached card reader.
- I’ve read and understand the terms and conditions and am ready to go to the download page.
- Save the file to your PC by clicking the Download button. Take the time to choose a place for the file that is convenient for you.
- Go to where you saved the file when the download is complete. Unzip may be used to decompress the zip file that was downloaded. Use Copy2Card.exe to transfer files from your PC to an SD card.
- Check whether all network devices are switched on before turning on the device.
- Please take out the primary device’s card slot and insert the card into it, as shown. If you see a pop-up window, click “Update Software.” Consult a dealer or attempt to update the software through the ActiveCaptain app if the vessel does not have a primary device with a card slot.
- All NMEA 2000 sensors and Garmin Marine Network devices will have the most recent firmware when the upgrade is complete and completes the process. All gadgets will be able to talk to one another as a result.
- Afterwards, go to garmin.com/support/software/marine.html and look for the button labeled “See All Devices in this Bundle.”
- Next, examine the difference between the currently installed software version and the software version specified for your product.
- You should update the software on your device using either the ActiveCaptain mobile app) or the Garmin Express desktop app if the version of the software loaded on your device is an older version than the one displayed on the website.