Keeping units like Minn Kota Ulterra is not an easy task if you’re looking for consistent performance. Many anglers have said that the automated stow features malfunction pretty frequently if you ignore the maintenance of the unit. So, you need to make sure that the pivot points are clean and that no obstructions are blocking the movement of the motor. Otherwise, there will be a ton of issues with the angle and orientation of the motor. Another common question from anglers about the Minn Kota unit is regarding the battery replacement for the remote. If you’re in the same boat and don’t know how to change the battery in Minn Kota remote, the following details might give you more perspective.
How To Change Battery In Minn Kota Remote
The battery in the Minn Kota Remote lasts a long time, and you won’t have to worry about changing the battery for a complete season. However, if you do forget to replace the battery at the start of the season, it can be pretty annoying to deal with situations where the remote dies out on you. So, here is how you can change the battery in the Minn Kota remote.
- First of all, you need to check the online compatibility guide for the batteries that can be installed in your remote. Using the wrong batteries won’t only waste your time and money, but you’ll also notice performance issues with the remote. So, make sure to source a compatible replacement for the remote.
- Once you have the compatible batteries for the Minn Kota remote, just take the screws out of the back of the remote to access the battery compartment.
- After removing all of the four screws from the back of the Minn Kota remote, you need to gently pull out the battery and remove the wires from the connection points inside the remote. Ideally, you won’t have to use any force, and the wires will come right out of the remote.
- Now, you can use the battery pack to connect the wiring with the connection point and then put the battery in its proper position. Make sure that the new battery is positioned properly and not sticking out of the compartment.
- Lastly, you just have to put the back cover on the remote and use the four screws to tighten up the back plate. This will complete the replacement process, and you won’t have to worry about the battery life anymore.
These steps are pretty easy to follow and can vary a bit depending upon the model of the Minn Kota remote you’re using. So, make sure to improvise and rely on the manual instructions to access the battery compartment.
Being gentle with the wiring will help you avoid issues with the power flow. For this reason, you should take your time with the replacement and avoid rushing the process if you’re looking for good results. Otherwise, you will be left with a defective remote that won’t turn on due to damaged connection points. Call the folks at Minn Kota to get more information on your specific mode.