The Simrad NSS Evo2 is a powerful tool that is mostly used as a fish finder. This device helps in checking the water current you are traveling on as well as a lot more information regarding the body of water. This includes checking if any fish are traveling near, you and even having a navigation system that is powered using satellites. The cordless tool has a powerful battery on it that can easily last you an entire day without requiring a recharge.
Though, you should note that the tool also gets frequent updates that add new features to it. Some people have trouble trying to update their tablets which is why we will be using this article to help you out. Going through the information provided below should help you in understanding how to update the Simrad NSS Evo2 with an SD card. Make sure that you go through it carefully to avoid further issues with your fish finder.
How To Update Simrad NSS Evo2 With SD Card?
Updating the Simrad NSS Evo2 is a simple task that takes a few minutes as long as you have a stable internet connection at your home. However, if you want to install the updates with an SD card then there are some additional steps that you need to go through. With that being said, here is a small guide that can be followed to complete the task while ensuring that you don’t get further problems.
- Start by finding an SD card that has at least 8 GB of memory on it. The update is usually much smaller, but it is still better that you stay on the safe side.
- You can now visit the official website for Simrad to download the update for your device. The website should ask you about the exact model number of your fish finder.
- Enter Simrad NSS Evo2 here and then download the latest update that has come out. Make sure that you install a stable version instead of a beta version as these can have some issues on them.
- Now proceed to locate the update file on your computer and then move it inside the SD card. If your PC does not support installing SD cards, then you can use an adapter that lets you do this.
- Once the update file has been copied inside the SD card, remove it, and then install it inside your Simrad NSS Evo2. The tool should usually detect the card on its own and ask you to open it.
- If this does not happen then you can manually open the SD card by accessing the storage settings on your tool. Browsing through the settings is the best way to locate your SD card.
- You can now open your card and then start installing the update file by clicking on it. The tool might ask you for confirmation, pressing “yes” should begin the installation after which waiting patiently is the best option.
- Once the update is installed, the tablet should reboot on its own and you should be able to start using the new update without any issues.