Garmin is one of the biggest brands when it comes to quality sonar units and fish finders. While the Lowrance and Raymarine systems are sometimes cheaper than Garmin, you won’t get the same list of features from any other brand.
This is why it is important that you go through all of these devices.
Moreover, compact devices from Garmin like the Striker series enable anglers with a portable setup.
The Garmin Striker 4 brings several features and provides you with in-depth details about the layout, temperature, and vessel speed. This can be great as it helps you while fishing.
You can modify the overlay in any manner you like, and these specifics will help you access vessel speed on Garmin Striker 4.
This is because they don’t exactly understand how this can be done. Talking about this, we will be using this article to provide you with a simple guide on how to show speed on Garmin Striker 4.
Make sure that you go through the information carefully as it should also help you in avoiding problems.
How To Show Speed On Garmin Striker 4?
The best thing about the Garmin Striker 4 system is that you can make complete adjustments to match the sonar screen according to your preferences.
It brings all control to the users, and here is how to show speed on the Garmin Striker 4 portable unit.
- Turn on the Garmin Striker 4 system and navigate to the main sonar screen. The data presented on this screen can be modified, and you’ll be able to access vessel speed through the sonar screen.
- From the Sonar Screen, you can select the settings icon with the three horizontal bars, and this will bring you to customization options.
- Here you can select an overlay number, and that will open up a new menu with all the features from the navigation inset to the speed of the vessel and the current water temperature.
- At this stage, you can simply filter out overlay numbers like the device voltage and then add the vessel’s current speed numbers to the display.
- If there are too many overlay numbers on the screen, then you won’t be able to show speed.
- So, make sure to remove a few useless numbers from the overlay before adding the speed on the Garmin Striker 4 system.
- Lastly, you have to confirm these new settings and then navigate to the sonar screen again to inspect the data configuration.
- You’ll now be able to see the vessel’s current speed, and you can judge the accuracy by increasing the pace of your boat.
- Hopefully, you won’t have any issues with the overlay numbers, and they will respond to your boat speed.
There have been a few issues where anglers were unable to add the speed overlay numbers to their boat. However, the majority of these issues were related to having too many numbers on the screen.
If you’re in the same situation, then try to remove extra overlay indicators and add speed only to the system. After that, you can add back the necessary overlay numbers to the sonar screen without any hassle.
In case the issue doesn’t get fixed after removing the extra overlay numbers, try to call Garmin’s official support.
You’ll be connected with a professional that will not only help you narrow down the issue but you’ll also be guided through each step of the troubleshooting process.
So, try to save yourself some time and seek help from an expert. You can always try fixing the problem on your own, but the main issue with this is that it takes a lot of time and effort.
This is why it is always better that you go with the solution mentioned above.
However, if you still want to fix the issue on your own then start by finding the exact reason you are getting this problem. There are several other things that can cause the problem, so make sure that you troubleshoot these properly.
If the issue is from a faulty part, then replacing it should fix the problem.
You can always consult the manual provided along with the Garmin Striker 4 to further help you out. This should contain all the steps required to open the device as well as how its configurations can be set up.
If you have somehow lost the manual, then a copy of it can be downloaded online.
If you notice that the problem is still not fixed, then consulting a professional is your only option. The great thing about Garmin’s support team is that they will start by asking you some questions regarding the problem.
Answering these carefully is essential as it will help you out later on.
The answers allow the team to isolate your problem so that they can provide you with some viable solutions. This might take some time, but it ensures that your problem will be fixed quickly.
In case of damaged or faulty parts, it is recommended that you get the warranty service claimed.
This is great as it allows people to get free replacements and repairs. Though keep in mind that the warranty service also has some requirements.
Make sure that you go through these carefully as they should help you in understanding if the device falls under the service or not.
If it does then you can get repairs and replacements for free which can be amazing. However, if you have run out of warranty then your only option will be to get the Garmin Striker 4 replaced with a new one.
Alternatively, you will have to pay for the repairs and replaced parts.
This can cost a lot depending on the parts replaced but it should ensure that your problem is fixed.