Changing the display on your Humminbird Helix unit is a straightforward and efficient way to improve the performance of the device. In order to improve the performance of your standard Humminbird Helix 7, you need to increase the sensitivity so that you can see more detail and weaker returns. Reduce the sensitivity of the device to cut down on the number of distractions and direct your attention to the structure of the bottom substrate and the larger fish. The sensitivity of the screen can be modified in the quickest and most straightforward manner by using the plus and minus keys.
A Step By Step Guide: How to Dim Your Humminbird Helix 7
Follow these instructions to dim the display of your Humminbird Helix 7:
It is possible to improve the display’s readability in any lighting condition by following a straightforward technique that allows you to adjust the backlight or brightness of your Humminbird Helix 7 display.
- You will need to navigate to the settings menu on your Humminbird Helix 7 device before you can get started.
- Then, simply pressing the power button once will bring up the power key express menu.
- After that, using the arrow keys to go up and down, select the light that you want to use.
- To reduce the brightness of your Humminbird helix 7, use the option on your unit to lower the unit’s brightness setting.
- Adjust the level of brightness on your Helix display by alternating between the left and right arrow keys.
- In addition, you can simply maintain a proper viewing angle by adjusting the pitch, tilt, and pivot of the depth sounder.
Use Your Humminbird Helix 7 in Night Mode
In addition to this, if you want to be able to see well when using your Huminbird Helix 7, you can use it in the night mode.
- You may accomplish this by using the Power/Light button, which allows you to turn your GPS on and off and customize the amount of light in the foreground and background.
- To view the light and backdrop menu, use the power/light key on your keyboard. This will allow you to modify the backlight.
- To select either the light or the background, use the four-way cursor key.
- After that, to make adjustments to the settings, use the left and right cursors.
- Finally, use the exit button on your Humminbird Helix 7 to leave the light/background menu.
Following the steps given above will allow you to simply adjust the brightness of the display on your Humminbird Helix 7, whether you want it to be brighter or dimmer. If you are still having trouble with it, you should get in touch with a help center or an expert before attempting to do it on your own.
Note: When fishing at night or in conditions with low light, raising the backlight to a set of seven or eight will typically provide great vision even when the sun is shining directly on the water. This is because the higher the setting, the more light reflected off the water.