Lowrance is among some of the best brands when it comes to fish finders, transducers, and similar equipment.
The company has been manufacturing these devices for quite some time now and they have come up with tons of different lineups.
Talking about this, it is recommended that you go through all of the different devices provided by the brand one by one.
This should allow most users to understand how the features of these fish finders work. Once done, you can then select a device that best suits your usage.
You will be lucky to grab fish and get into the water much more efficiently if you upgrade your Lowrance Hook2 device and view all the latest features and updates.
In order to get started, you’ll first need a micro SD card and a Lowrance hoo2 unit, as well as access to a computer to do so.
In this guide, we will show how you may easily upgrade your hook2 by following a few simple steps. The process is generally quite easy but there are some small issues that you might run into.
This is why we have also provided the problems that might occur and how these can be avoided.
Hence, make sure that you go through the steps carefully as it will help you out in the long run.
Step By Step Guide: How to Update Lowrance Hook2?
- The first step then you’re going to log onto the Internet and go to lawrence.com
- You’ll only need the serial number of the micro SD card you wish to register on the website, so make sure you correctly remove the SD card before registering it.
- Once you have done that, you are required to start with your Lowrance hook 2
- You must be sure that turning off your hook2 unit is how you want to begin working on your device before you can start.
- After that, you are going to insert the micro SD card that has the download and the update on it into one of the card readers.
- Make sure you don’t cram it in there; she should be able to go there quite easily; add it in the other direction.
- The next step is to turn on your device by pressing the power button while holding the hook2 in place.
- After that, the unit will read the card, and if it detects that it has an update, it will immediately begin upgrading the software.
- Keep in mind that sometimes your device might not detect the card. If this happens then simply remove and install the card back in
- If the problem persists then you might be dealing with a defective card. Alternatively, the card might not be supported by your Lowrance hook2.
- Luckily, you can use another card to avoid this issue and then continue to install the update without any further problems
- Once the file is moved off the card, you will notice that it has been registered and updated, and it will go through the whole process here.
- Please do not turn this off. Do not do anything. Please do not touch it until it is finished with the update.
- Then your hook2 unit will become blank when it comes near that bar. When the update is nearing completion, you’ll see that the hook2 unit will interact with the motor if you have one.
- After that, all that is required of you is to restart it so that it may function as usual. Be careful to go through all of your units in the same manner if you are doing an update on several units.
- When you do this, you will be able to access newly added features and the newest available version.
- Keep in mind that not every new update contains new features as some of these are just rolled out to fix problems found on previous firmware versions.
After updating the software on your hook2 unit, you will be able to see all the excellent features and updates. It’s actually really easy.
You just have to ensure you do the steps correctly, so don’t follow directions as long as you follow the steps correctly.
You will be able to see all the updates and things inside your unit. People should also note that the version of the update you are trying to install also plays a huge role. This is because there are some beta versions that roll out frequently.
These have new features on them but the firmware itself is experimental. In cases like these, there is a high chance that you might start running into problems with your fish finder instead of getting new features.
To avoid problems like these, it is recommended that you only install stable updates.
These can be easily found by visiting the official website for Lowrance. You can also check the forums to confirm this as there should be tons of users discussing the new updates.
Going through these can help you in finding out if the new update is stable or not.
The great thing about keeping your device updated is that people can easily avoid tons of configurational errors. Although in some cases, the problem might still appear even after the update has been installed.
If this happens then contacting the customer support team is recommended.
This is because the brand has a helpful team that will guide you through most problems. The only thing that you need to do is provide the team with all the details about your issue.
If done properly then the team will give you a set of instructions that can be followed to fix the problem.
On the other hand, if some part of your fish finder is damaged then you will be asked to send the device back to the brand.
The company usually replaces the parts for free as these are covered in the warranty service. You can go through the details of this service by checking out the warranty guidelines.
These should also help you in confirming if the service is still valid or not. If you have any further questions in mind regarding the Lowrance Hook2 then you can also ask the customer support team.
They will answer any queries you have in mind regarding their products.