Fishing can be a lot of fun but if you are trying to get tons of catches in a single day then there are several devices that can help you out.
When it comes to these, purchasing a fish finder should be on top of your list. These devices can allow people to notice any fish coming near them.
There are tons of brands that manufacture these devices but one of the best companies that you will notice most users going for is Lowrance.
The brand has a huge lineup that you can select from but the Lowrance Elite 7 is among some of the best fish finders that you can purchase.
The device comes with tons of features but there are also some issues that can be found.
If your display powers on, shows the blue Lowrance screen, and then goes completely dark, it is most possible that you inadvertently turned off the backlight while switching off your unit.
To adjust brightness on Lowrance elite 7, what you need to do is, once the device has been turned on and the screen is black, press the “Power” button several times until the screen brightens back up.
Do not keep your finger on the “Power” button; quickly push it once and then let go of it.
The process is simple but there are also tons of users that might run into issues when trying it out. This is why we have provided you with a simple guide below that can be used to help you out.
Make sure that you go through the steps carefully as these should allow you to avoid problems.
How to Adjust Brightness on Lowrance Elite 7?
- Firstly, click the “Power” button once, and then select the “Power Off” option from the menu. This will save all of your settings and features before putting your display into a secure sleep mode.
- Then Cleaning the Screen would help in most cases; soap and warm water are all needed. Any abrasive cleaning should be avoided at all costs. They will remove the layer that blocks light from passing through the glass.
- Sometimes lines appearing on the screen might be caused by other electronics on the boat. Turn off all the electronics on the boat to find where the noise comes from.
- The only device that should stay switched on should be the Lowrance Elite 7.
- People can usually switch the other equipment back on once they have narrowed down the problem and fixed the line issue.
- Just make sure that the frequencies on the devices are different and that they are placed further away from each other to avoid the same issue again.
- If there are no lines on the screen, turn on other devices one by one until the lines start to show up again. You might need to move the cords from the source of the problem away from the Lowrance unit.
- Next, check your electrical connections for cleanliness and that your power supply has a reliable ground connection. Try resetting the unit according to the instructions in this paper.
- Use the menu to set up your screen or interface if you have a touch screen. There is the option to Calibrate the screen. Press the button and do what it says on the screen.
- After that, make sure that your device’s software is up to date. To update, simply go to the Software Update page on com.
- Your device may only need to be reset to fix a number of display problems. Most models can be reset by following the steps on the home page of this knowledge base.
- In the search box, type the model number of your Lowrance product along with the words “Unit, Manual, and Accessories.”
- From the results, you should choose the one that has your model. At the bottom of the page, you’ll find instructions on how to reset the product.
- First, do a Soft Reset to get your device’s settings back to how they were when you first got it.
Before performing a hard reset, you should carefully consider storing any vital information on an MMC or SD card. During this procedure, each and every piece of data will be obliterated.
You can use this link to obtain the most recent software version that supports your device.
After selecting your product series from the drop-down option, navigate to the Software part of the website.
People should note that the main reason most users avoid resetting their devices is that the data is removed once the process has been completed.
This can be annoying for some users which is why they can try manually changing the brightness using the steps mentioned above.
However, if none of these are working out for you then your only option left will be to reset the Lowrance Elite 7.
When installing the update file from the internet, you should note that there will be several firmware versions that you can choose from.
These vary usually ranging from older updates to newer ones. Although another difference between them is that some updates are unstable.
These should be labeled as “beta” versions which means that the update was just for testing purposes.
While the updates can add new features to your fish finder, it is recommended that you avoid downloading them and simply go for a stable version as it is much better.
In most cases, the problem you were running into should get fixed once you install the new firmware version on your device.
Finally, people should note that the information provided above is more than enough for most users to understand how they can adjust the brightness on this device.
If you are still having trouble, then there is a high chance that your fish finder might be damaged or broken. This can be quite frustrating, but you should note that the problem can be easily addressed.
When it comes to this, the only thing that you need to do is contact the support team for Lowrance.
The team will then ask you some questions regarding the issue so make sure that you answer all of these carefully. Once done, the team will then provide you with a list of simple solutions that can be used.
If even these don’t work out for you then you will have to send your device back to the brand.
The company should get it fixed within a few days by replacing all the damaged parts. If you still have a warranty left on your fish finder then this should be claimed in cases like these.
This is because the warranty service ensures that people can get free repairs and replacements.
The only thing that you have to do is go through the warranty guidelines once as these help in ensuring if your problem falls under the service or not. If it does then you can get the repairs for free.
However, if the warranty is not working then your only option left will be to pay for the repairs.